This line project was right in time for the season.
After reviewing several line styles we worked on these wonderful Deer!
1. Draw a oval. I used tracers and asked the students to place it towards the bottom.
2. Draw the ears. I talk about them as footballs. I explain to draw a curved line on top and a curved line on the bottom.
3. Draw the face. Eyes and nose are essential. I had many students add more then that.
4. Draw two lines from the head. They can do loop lines, curved, zig zag, and so on.
5. Add more 'fun' lines off from the horn. I found asking for a number (10 lines) created the best kindergarten art.
6. Color in the lines and the deer head. Students can add 'extras' like snow flakes to the background.