Monday, August 9, 2010

Versatile Blogger Award

One of my blogging friends thought enough of me to request a bit of infromation. She was awarded a Versatile Blogger Award from Bea at http://http//alljoinin.blogspot.com/. I made her top 15 blogs! Cool... Of corse I will do as she wishes and fill out her request... so here it is.

Rule #1: Thank the person who gave you your award.
  • Phyl, from There's a Dragon in my Art Room is one of the most caring bloggers I have met. She always takes the time to write a comment. Not any old comment, no, she writes her heart out and has my respect for it. I know, from reading her blog, she is a glitter filled soul sharing her wide range of color with her class, friends, family, and by writing a blog, the world! It is amazing to be recognized by such a person. Thanks!
  • Update! Thanks to Erica and Tishalou. Both have listed me as a top 15 as well and they are spectacular (and listed below) as well. Thanks Girls!
Rule #2: Share 7 things about yourself

  1. I am a 31 year-old person trying everyday to have a better day then the last.
  2. I have been teaching at Rogers Elementary in Rogers Mn for 7 years now. I taught one year in Minneapolis (elementary as well) and one year strait out of college in Kiel, WI (high school)
  3. In the summer I like to offer classes through our local art alliance or community ed. Other then that, I take the summer off with my family.
  4. I have two Mini's. My son, Sawyer, is 4 years old and is a kind hearted new soul. My daughter, Matisse (age 2) is not new at life at all... she is a spicy little thing who loves to school her brother. Both of them make me laugh EVERY day! I very rich in mommy love!
  5. I am married to a husband that loves me and likes me. He is a tech ed teacher and we take the summers off with our kids together. We recently celebrated our 7th year together in marriage.
  6. My ideal vacation is to be doing something, creating something. I can't stand going to the beach and just sitting there... I'm always sketching or making. I love taking classes and learning.
  7. I am a technology lover! I love blogging because I have met some wonderful people from all around the world. I love when people become followers of my blog because it allows me to find more blogs, more people, and have more conversations.

Rule #3: Pass the award on to 15 bloggers whom you have recently discovered and who you think are fantastic.

This part is going to be tricky because I truly enjoy so many blogs. The ones I will mention are the ones on the side of my blog list. I most often check out the newly changed blogs.

  1. There is a dragon in my Art Room
  2. Art Project Girl
  3. VividLayers
  4. Tishalou
  5. Useyourcoloredpencils
  6. Make it and Love it
  7. Anna Mariahrner
  8. Lines, Dots, and Doodles
  9. Adventures of an Art Teacher
  10. The Art Teachers Guide to the Internet
  11. Mrs. Art Teacher
  12. Art with Mrs. Smith
  13. Skinny Taiste
  14. See What We Did Today
  15. Mary Making

OK Phyl, Hope you enjoyed the fun. I can't wait to see if other blog follow suit and share more about themselves as we did.

5 comments:

  1. Gosh, you are too sweet! I wish I felt as nice as you say I am! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You couldn't have said it any better! "A glitter filled soul" is so true. You are both my favorite bloggers shhh! Thanks for the shout out. I put you on my top blogs of course. I can't wait to check your picks out when I need a break from working today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh, gals, I'm touched, though I have to laugh at the phrase glitter-filled soul - have I ever posted my feelings about glitter? I am not afraid of having kids create giant Jackson Pollock paintings, work with gooey papier-mache, wet plaster, wire, glue, anything...EXCEPT glitter - it ignites fear in my soul because it always comes back. You find it in your clothes, the sponges, your rug at home, your hairbrush, the empty water bowls, EVERYWHERE! Maybe my soul is filled with glitter, but NOT MY ART ROOM! (though I do use glitter-glue).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for linking to me on your blog! I've gotten a lot of visitors from your link :) :rainbow

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Huge Thanks,& you know how much I adore your blog. Your tech savvy is apparent and awesome - it makes your blog one of my very FAVORITES:) Thanks again for the shout out.

    ReplyDelete