Thursday, November 25, 2010

NY ATC- Overlapping


This is my ATC with New York. The concept studied was overlapping. I used organic and free-form shapes as a review but the main concept is overlapping. I have found that I am using these ATC in replace of worksheets. I'm getting ready to teach depth in a landscape I always start with the illusions of depth (overlapping, size, placement, detail and color). I have the kids do a worksheet so they get the concepts. Then do the project. With these ATC I have got rid of a worksheet that will be tossed out as soon as they leave the classroom. Instead they are creating small gifts for other artist. In the same action they are gaining the knowledge I find essential to a successful 4th grade landscape.



Here is the lesson I bring them through for this small trading card.

2 comments:

  1. These look great! I think your artists probably took much more care in creating them than in a standard worksheet, knowing they were creating them for trade.

    ReplyDelete
  2. K-Sue... That is what I am discovering. These cards are very meaningful. Thanks for the note!

    ReplyDelete