Friday, April 30, 2010
Thursday, April 29, 2010
Tuesday, April 27, 2010
Monday, April 26, 2010
Thursday, April 22, 2010
Monday, April 19, 2010
- Introduce Jasper John's and his 'ordinary to extraordinary' approach to art.
- Discussed thick and thin line (drawing on smart board, identifying line, making body into thick and thin lines)
- Practice page, working on thick and thin numbers
- Review from last lesson
- Fold paper into fourths
- Draw with pencil two single digit numbers that are thin and two that are thick.
- Outline and design the numbers with oil pastels
- Allow students to finish oil pastel if needed.
- Place pre-cut tissue paper on each number with water.
- Work on worksheet (seen below)
Tuesday, April 13, 2010
Fun little spring project. The students painted with a brush the three lines ob brown and used tempera cakes and water to put the white on with their fingers. The butterfly was a oil pastel transfer. Students work on the butterflies as I worked with small groups to make the background. It was a nice project experimenting with many mediums.
Sunday, April 11, 2010
Friday, April 9, 2010
Friday, April 2, 2010
This summer I am teaching some classes through the Elk River Arts Alliance. Here is one class that I will be teaching this summer.
Create beautiful art for your garden! Students will create a mosaic-like design out of concrete and a variety of treasures. Some garden stones might have sayings on them, the artist’s hand-print, or just an original design. Whatever choice young artists make, this piece will be treasured for years to come! Youngsters may take the class alone, or a parent may also register to work with their child. In the latter instance, there will be two fees charged and two stones may be made. Great for students 4 to 8 years of age.
Thursday, June 17 from 9:30 to 11:30 AM
Register by: June 10
Class fee: $19 ($17 members)
Materials fee: $10 per person payable to teacher in class
Instructor: Nichole Hahn