Saturday, January 11, 2014

Valentines Day: The Mantel

I'll tell you, staying inside during the cold really allows one to decorate for upcoming holidays.  I thought I would share some of our decorations in the next couple of posts. 


I used a block from my kids block set to make that little 'love' sign.  With a little Modge Podge, scrapbook paper and a block of wood, it makes for a sweet little trinket to go next to these candy filled glass containers.  As to not need as much candy I used tricks from Pinterest like this one from A Day in my Life.  Instead of a second glass container for the inside, I used paper towel tubes and a little tulle for fill

The trees that I created hear were inspired by my coworker, Kris Enga.  She did the cute little trees with our Creative Staff earlier this year with a Christmas theme (see earlier post).  I used some textured yarn and some furry fabric to cover the trees.  Then I found those little hearts on a stick at the dollar store and poked them into the top.  The bottom there is two little dollar store candles as well.


Another dollar store buy here... 1 buck for the plate, printed out some numbers on the computer, added some scrap paper behind them and glued them on with Modge Podge.  Final touches were some streamers and tulle draping on top of the mantel and we have decorated that space for the up coming holiday:)


1 comment:

  1. So festive and happy! I JUST last week took down Christmas and everything looks so stinkin' bare. I just might have to jazz up my mantel too. Yours is so happy!

    ReplyDelete