Thursday, March 12, 2015

Intermediate Colored Sheep



I wanted to do something new for complementary colors this year for my 3rd grade... This is what I came up with.  Intermediat Colored Sheep... This was greatly inspired by VickiW on Twitter.


I did the circled two different ways.  This was tracing around container tops.  This worked fine and didn't need dry time.  The other way I did the shapes is I asked students to dip a container in black paint and painted the circles. 

 

With the deadline of conferences, I had some classes draw their sheep heads on white paper and make their legs on it two, they were to cut them out and attached them after they were finished coloring the sheep body.


Some classes got to use paper and collaged the head together.  I think these turned out the best but took the most amount of time.  The body was colored with complementary colors.  Students were asked to take two colors that create an intermediate colors oil pastels and fill and blend each of the areas on the sheep body.


Overall, I was happy with the result of these cute little sheep. 


2 comments:

  1. I think these are analogous colors, not complementary? Complementary colors are across from each other on the color wheel- red and green, blue with orange, or yellow with violet. If I remember right, analogous are the ones that are close to each other on the color wheel!

    But I love the project! Great introduction to colors! And the collaged heads are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shoot... I realized this as I was tweeting about it today. I made the change right away. Thanks for the comment!

      Delete