Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Using Social Media as Professional Development: Introduction



I have been asked to present to a section of ISD 728 as a teacher workshop option.  Our district has 3 high schools, 4 middle schools, 9 elementary schools and 1 alternative school.  ISD 728 Curriculum Team has provided choice for our district workshop time this year.  One of the options is this... Social Media as Professional Development.

Those of you who follow this blog know that I'm a huge believer in connection via social media. If you follow me on Facebook or Twitter, you know that I share ideas, concerns, and have meaningful conversations globally on a regular basis.  Those of you who follow me on Pinterest or Instagram know my passion and research as it is happening.  Social Media has helped me find my Online Tribe and I have created great connections and built on amazing ideas via this media.  I can't wait to share these amazing tools with my colleagues today.

As I started this post, it was getting quite long, so I have divided it up into categories.  You can find a post on Blogging, Facebook, Pinterest/Instagram, and Twitter (What a Twitter Chat is, How to use Twitter as PD).

NOTE:  I'm currently working on all links.




1 comment:

  1. Pinterest Queen here! What a great post- social media has totally changed my teaching! The Power of the PLN!

    ReplyDelete