Thursday, July 21, 2016

Bit-O-Bio, Georgia O'Keeffe


Here's a little Hahn history... I failed Art History.  I can remember stories and images, but for Pete's sake... I couldn't remember who and when... and never had a gift for spelling. So, take two, Art History the second time around got me a solid 'C'.  That is why this project is so important for me. I want to help my students be more excited about art history than I ever was.


So far it's working for me.  I have fallen in love with every artist that I have researched.  Georgia O'Keeffe was so fun to study.  There are so many films about her and even better... WITH her.  She's was the one explaining her philosophy, her thoughts, her struggles.  I love finding the big messages for these artists.  Not the drama, and scandal... just the heart.


Some of the big ideas from Georgia was that she wanted/needed to create her own art... not copy someone else.  She found full inspiration from nature. She was truly in love with nature, the flowers, the bones, the shells... it all represented life. She was happy because she did what she loved.  Big ideas, right??



And so I present to you my 3rd Bit-O-Bio... 
Georgia O'Keeffe (click here)


No comments:

Post a Comment