Sunday, February 19, 2017

Food #Crush



February 19: Food #Crush

I love food, but I have a favorite... I love cabbage.  I know, it's not the most glamorous food in the world, but It's what I love.  I like it cooked, coleslawed, rolled, fried, baked... I sound a little like I should be on Forest Gump...


I also think cabbage is beautiful.  When I was a kid, we grew veggies for a roadside sale.  My Dad had a field of cabbage... it seemed like as far as my eye could see. I was in charge as of weeding this field, by hand.  I can't say that I thought they were so beautiful then... but time has helped heal the traumatic field weeding or TFW. I love cutting into this veggie and seeing the curves and fold of this veggie. The thick and thin of the leaves.  Red, green, and purple colors of cabbage is so beautiful.


So here is my favorite way to prepare cabbage... You cut it up into shavings and fry it with butter.  Then you put some homemade, already boiled noodles in with the fry.  Add some pepper and salt and eat it hot. Soooooo good!

No comments:

Post a Comment