Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Product #Crush



February 8th: Product #Crush

I have had the opportunity to use an iPad Pro and Apple Pencil the last couple of weeks in our curriculum review research. At first, I didn't know if it was something that was any different than the iPad and stylus that I use all the time currently.  I have changed my opinion, I think the Apple Pencil is really a nice stylus. I have been having a blast using Adobe Illustrator to create some new image.


The most recent image was for my #BitOBio series.  I first painted a watercolor base.  Then I took a picture and added the black line directly onto the image digitally.  In the past, I used transparent paper to draw the black line, then I scanned the two images.  I used photoshop to line the two up with each other and exporting from there.  The iPad made this process much faster, and the Apple Pencil made the result similar to pen and paper as in the past.


I'm really excited for this Bit-O-Bio. It features a 9-year-old Artist... my daughter, Matisse. I thought it would be fun to show that you don't have to be an adult to be an Artist.  If I celebrate Matisse in the same way that I do our Master Artist, my students are able to recognize they are Artist now... not just when they grow up.


To celebrate this new Bit-O-Bio, I'm running a sale with Teachers Pay Teachers.  You can get 28% off my whole store today.  I hope you can take advantage of this great deal. Click here to visit MiniMatisse store.

No comments:

Post a Comment