Wednesday, July 5, 2017

ProShot for Light Painting


As I was watching the fireworks on the 4th of July, I had this sense of unity.  Most communities in America gathered, celebrated, and watched fireworks together.  It made me feel at home.  I used the opportunity to play with a new app. I have been playing with a lot of apps lately with the long exposure or light capture mode. Today, I want to share my experience with ProShot.


ProShot has a ton of great qualities... it made me feel more like I was using a phone version of my SLR (a little).  The app was $3.99 in the app store. In a video that I have embedded at the end of this post, you will see a short overview of some useful features this app has. I played with the light capture mode for the fireworks and I was quite happy with the results. 


The dials above show that you can have light trail or light add.  Light trail is for capturing trails of light as they streak across your scene.  Light add accumulates light over the duration of time.  I used the light trail and played with 4 seconds, 10 seconds, and 30 seconds duration. In order to do this successfully, I needed a tripod.  I have one from my SLR camera and recently purchased an adapter to allow my phone to be held with the same tripod. 

Click here of the Amazon Link
So here was my end result! In the video, it suggests that you are able to watch the image develop.  That was the best part of this app.  I was able to see the fireworks with new eyes... and for a gal who has seen a lot of fireworks in her life, this was exciting. 


After the fireworks, Mother Nature decided to put on her own display of a light show.  Just another opportunity to play with my new app.  I captured these images below. 


Summer is not done and one thing America does well is city festivals!! Catch some fireworks displays this summer yet and play with ProShot. I had a blast!



No comments:

Post a Comment