Thursday, July 25, 2019

Everyday Art Room- Guest, Billy Kheel



Today was all things Billy Kheel. He was both on The Everyday Art Room Podcast with me as well as at the Art Ed Now with me. We talked about bringing in a Visiting Artist and the amazing project that he did with my school. I want to share all the links you might need to learn more about Billy Kheel and our time together. 

This previous post about the Crow River Project has ALL THE THINGS... Who sponsored us, how it all went down, our family night... EVERYTHING.

This post highlights the request... What I did to ask for the funds to bring Billy in. 

Here is the big announcement and celebration that we finally had confirmation on the whole project. You can also see that I did a Making It Challenge with my students over the holiday. That was a TON OF FUN!! Here are the winners of the challenge as well. 

Billy's visit inspired lessons plans after he left. Here is a lesson plan inspired by the medium of felt that we used, as well as the local Mn Artist Delina White. Also, here is the paper stuffed fish that my younger kids created. I have a lesson yet to come about the stuffed fish that we sewed... I did the lesson with my 5th grade so each student walked out with a hand sewen fish (lesson yet to come)

And finally... Billy Kheel's website. If you would like to reach out to him and learn more about how you can get him to come to your school, just connect with him where it says 'contact' on his website.

JUST ADDED!!! This link brings you to the STUFFED FISH project I did with my 5th grade after Billy left.  Please check it out!! My students were so excited about this project. 

No comments:

Post a Comment