Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Hatching and Cross-Hatching


Students learned to create value with line. They used their backpacks for a subject. I was told it was 'cool' to use their bags. I think it made the pictures much more personal for them.








1. Students drew their backpack using contour line.
2. Students created several values using hatching and cross-hatching.
3. We used several pieces of ripped tissue paper and used water to paint it onto the paper. The tissue paper was later removed and the die from the tissue paper remained.



Updated... I got this idea from Nancy Walkup, from SchoolArts Magazine. When I posted this I was new to the whole blogging thing and didn't know about siting my sources. Please forgive me and check out all of what Nancy has to offer. She is an amazing resource!