Thursday, May 27, 2010

Weaving Tip...


As I mentioned, I love doing a weaving with my 1st grade at the end of the year. It has worked out so well this year because of all the field trips, end of the year parties, and PE's field days and Music concerts... I see kids spastically. A weaving take anywhere from 2 to 4 hours, so if I see them 4 time before the end of the year or two, they will have a completed project.

Here is a little tip I learned from looking at weaving tips from many resources. I wrap the loom every other color. This way a teacher can tell a student, starting on the left, go under the color. Starting on the right, go under the white. In the picture above, this student was having a hard time remembering what to go under. I stuck post-it notes on his loom to help him remember.

3 comments:

  1. Very clever! I have never heard of doing it that way before. It makes so much sense! jan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks... I'm sure it is not my idea. I'm sure I picked it up from someone sometime. That's what I love about this blog'n thing! Share, Share, Share!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love to weave with my kids at school. I will have to try the alternating color thing with the kids, lov-v-v-ve it!

    ReplyDelete