Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Ask 3...




This could be the most useful product I created over my visit to UW- Stout for my summer class. We learned how professional signs are made. Her we designed a image, cut out an image on a laser engraver and hot pressed the design to the cut out shape. These were awesome! I, once again thought of something that I could use in my classroom. These mini stop signs I plan to put on a pop cycle stick and have through out my room.

Picture this... You have the most wonderful lesson you have ever delivered. I mean really, you have thought about how to adapt it to every student, how to answer every essential question, how to deliver it so every student will understand. You are AWESOME! You get done with you instruction and you practically want to bow because you know this, this lesson will go so smoothly because you have explained things so well. As you tell the kids to get started little Johnny comes up to you and says, "What am I supposta do?" At this point there is a little person inside your head screaming... "I JUST TOLD YOU!!!" Instead, you calmly hold your little sign up... This little sign will ask little Johnny to please ask 3 other students BEFORE asking me. In most cases Johnny finds his answer after asking his first friend and you are able to help the other 30, 35, 40 students in you classroom.

6 comments:

  1. These graphic design classroom manangement signs you're making would be wonderful to buy if you could make them downloadable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, I absolutely LOVE this! I'm definitely going to add it to my repertoire!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hilarious! You should sell these I would definately buy one. My favorite line is "Go ask someone who was listening"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha, I can totally relate to this, it just sends me over the edge when students do that.
    tishalou, that's my favorite line too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I started trying that with my students but never thought to make little signs, great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I knew this post was going to be the talk of the teacher world:) Feel free to use it in you classroom. Erica, not sure about how downloadable the work is that I did. I'll see what I can do and get back to ya. No charge:) Thanks for the comments all. I really like hearing from you!

    ReplyDelete