Sunday, July 18, 2010

Family Garden Stone

New idea for the garden stones. We used a red die in the cement this time. This time we used a rock based cement and we found it to be less successful then sand base. Here is one stone as it was drying. I experimented with images. I printed pictures of our family off the printer and cut some scrap paper for letters. I placed them under the clear flat stones from the dollar store. I used Ultra-Clear, High Gloss Epoxy Coating to adhere and protect from water when being pressed into the cement. I don't know if this product will yellow or if the paper will fade. It's all an experiment! I thought the family stone was fun. The kids do too. My plan is to let it stay outside and in the sun to see if I can offer it for a class next summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment