Saturday, November 13, 2010

Music is good for the soul...

Tip:

If you are wondering what to put on your wish list for the holidays, consider a iTune's card. I use this for every lesson. As I mentioned yesterday on my post, I have the kids listen to Greg Percy quit a bit. I also have them listen to music from the culture they are studying. For example, when 4th and 5th grade students were woking on Day of the Dead I asked a friend of mine who lives in Mexico to send me some hot pop music. I asked her for the Justin Bieber of Mexico. Great stuff and the kids (as well as myself) loved it. When we were making our line rockets, I found space music by typing in Rocket into the iTunes store. I have also learned that it is a good motivator for students. I have asked them to go to my web page and fill out forms telling me what music they are into. It keeps me 'hip':) I need all the help I can get:)

No comments:

Post a Comment