Monday, November 8, 2010

Volunteer Village House?

Last year my fellow bloggers gave a call out to us because they needed our help. My school, and others blogging schools, stepped up. We made little houses to earn money to send to Nashville to help with the flood victims. My 5th grade along with our student council sold the houses and raised $200.00. We donated to money to the Red Cross. I submitted the earnings and sent emails several times to be included on the map on the website. I was so excited to present that to my students but it never happened. The website has not been updated for a very long time. Does anyone know about this at all? Did other donate? Did others submit it to the website? Let me know please.

So to Mrs. Rachel, Mr. E , and Ms. Malone we did listen and helped how we could. I hope you are healing from such a disaster!



2 comments:

  1. I have no idea what happened with that. My brothers moved to Nashville. I haven't heard anything about the flood either. I guess they're resilient or they don't go downtown. Did you e-mail them?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yah, I emailed a couple of time. It's no big deal, I just thought it would be nice to show the kids they made a difference.

    ReplyDelete