Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Zentangle 101


Zentangle baby!! I recently took a class on Zentangles. As I have mentioned I would with some great people and Tana, known to you as MN Art Girl, brought this technique to our attention. We leaned the history and brief technique of Zentangles. I was amazed to see so many great sites out there supporting what I learned and how to teach it. Check out Zentangle.com, Tangle Patterns, and Beez in the Belfry for more ideas of what zentangles are all about. I also was amazed at how much is on Flickr.

The image above is a section of a larger image. Our instructor challenged us to create one tile that will later be put together with other tiles to make a completed image. I will be sure to share that if I get to see it.

8 comments:

  1. Love it! I will def. check it out. Yeah for this great idea..to you and Tana! Love blogging these fun ideas!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did Zendalas with my 6th graders and they came out great. I think it was the most successful project as they kept doing them outside the classroom. Even teachers were doing them and bringing them to me! So fun! I'm teaching a workshop on them at the next NY art teachers conference.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are great! I can't wait to try this myself as well as introduce it to students. Thanks for the idea & links...

    If you have some time check out my blog:
    http://artideasthatgrow.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nichole! I put the Zentangles together today... we are just missing three of the pieces. So, if Rana doesn't send you a picture, I will. :)

    PS My first day was great. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ashe-

    So glad to hear it. I love that you had a good first day! I know the tiles are coming soon... At least to of the tangle people said they are sending them soon. Can't wait to see the final image.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Im sad to report that I'm one of the missing tangles :( I'm currently getting an "F" in the Zentangle workshop!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Im turning it in on Friday! I promise! do i still get full credit? haha!

    ReplyDelete