So we started by watching the clip of the Daily Monster. Then I had them grab a paint shirt if they thought they needed on because we used indian ink. I placed a blog of ink onto their large paper that 4 students shared. I found that this was a good solution to the ink that spreads in so many different ways due to the different techniques of the little artist.
Each student took their straw and blew the ink to a organic shape.
Sure, they complained about head aches from blowing so hard, but overall I heard a ton of laughter and energetic chatter.
The in dried fast and the kids drew a creature with pencil and then with sharpie markers. They laughed and shared stories about their monster… They had a blast.
I also saw a recent post from Art Projects For Kids. This might be another resource that could assist in this creative project.