Friday, October 28, 2011

Step one: QR code Project- iMovie

I have had a lot of questions about the QR codes and I thought I would bring you through that process a bit more.  I have one iPad 2 in my classroom and I use it for real time grading, attendance, and I use it for learning apps (I can project the iPad too).  My favorite thing by far is iMovie App.  I use it all the time.  With the middle school I was able to put the iPad into their hands a bit more.



When students finished early I gave them a set of prompts.  In my office I set up a easel for their art work and an easel with iPad on it.  I set up iMovie so it was in record mode.  The camera was set up so they could watch themselves recording.  They placed the prompts out of site and hit record.  There was no one else in the room and I think this help students feel comfortable.  I also showed them how to rerecord if needed.  When they were finished I titled the project and uploaded it to YouTube.  This wraps up the first step of my QR code project.

1 comment:

  1. In regards to your youtube use with students - how does this apply to your district's policies. Our district has various policies that prohibit the use of student faces and names as well as putting school related activities on a public domain such as youtube. I know that the faces can be allowed with the use of a disclaimer but not names. We use schooltube instead. I was wondering if this was something you ran into and how you addressed it or something that does not apply in your case?

    I love the use of QR codes - I do it with every display I have in my school. The video aspect sounds fascinating - I would love to get that far in my classroom! What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete