Sunday, January 22, 2012

Kiln Notes!


I am a crazy lady when it comes to my kiln.  I like it running well and keeping it clean.  This is a laminated sign I have up in my kiln room.  This helps me to remember certain facts such as how many hours each speed of firing takes or what to fire Greenware and and Bisque ware at.  It also helps my coworker and I with scheduling firings.  If anyone else is firing for some reason, there is helpful notes such as giving clay at least 5 days or more to dry.  Finally, you will see a cleaning schedule.  I like to have the kiln vacuumed once a quarter or when ever something blows up.  Maybe this could be helpful in your room.


1 comment:

  1. Do you vacuum it or do your custodians? What kind of vacuum? Is it just a regular one? I' ve never gotten any instruction about that. Jan

    ReplyDelete