Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Mr. Potato Head and Angry Bird Digital Collages

This quarter I asked my students to do two different digital collages.  This first group of students were asked to research a artist and create a Mr. Potato Head.  I used iMovie on the iPad to create the video's and a similar tactics as I did in the past for the digital collage (see past posts).  I like found this lesson to be successful because it shows student learning, give a snap shot of how to create a digital collage, and encourages team work.



The other group of student used the subject of Angry Birds to show an art style.  I found Art Styles to be a little two abstract for 8th grade.  I think they did a good job, I just feel that the artist was a bit more successful for this group.


Both groups did a GREAT job!!!  I they thought this was a fun activity and I thought it promoted creativity.  I had my minis help with each of the video's and my students even liked that.  I will miss these groups of 8th graders, things move so fast in the middle school.

3 comments:

  1. These are awesome! Great idea, and the kids did wonderfully! Fun to hear matisse's voice too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this video.
    Your students did an amazing job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha these are great! And I know what you mean about students moving up... I usually do K-6, but 2 weeks before school started this year, I found out I was going to do 7th!! So I was super excited to surprise my returning students : )

    ReplyDelete