Sunday, January 1, 2012

Two new apps to try

I have had a lot of fun playing with some new apps with my kids.  I am trying to figure out more ways to incorporate technology in my classroom.  I have read about these two apps that allow the user to create puppet plays.  I have only just begun with my playing and have not tried classroom application yet but here are my reviews so far.


Puppet Pals was the most fun for my kids and I think it will be fore my students as well.  With this app users are able to take pictures of themselves and place their own characters in a play.  This would be the same for the set (background of the play).  The down falls of this is that the characters are very stiff and one-demetional.

Here is a quick example of my daughters very first play that she directed and stared in:)

The second app that we gave a try over break was Toontastic.  I like this one too but for different reasons.  Here the characters are animated.  They move and interact a bit more.  I don't think there is a way to add your own characters (but if you know of a way, please let me know.)  I think this would work well for a elementary classroom or any age group for.  It would support story set up and writing very well.  It give prompts of how to create a play such as the set up, conflict, challenge, climax and resolution. One can get suckered into more and more backgrounds and characters with this app however, so be careful. 




1 comment: