Sunday, February 26, 2012

Unity- Crayons


This project was all about unity.  7th grades projects focus on an art principle.  Here the kids had a unified subject, medium, technique, and substrate.  What a great way to understand this concept. 


 The kids all used a tracer to create the unity right away.  We worked a bit step by step for their first crayon.






Each student worked on their own but I had them trace at leaste one crayon going on their neighbors.  



 What a fun project!  The kids loved this one and I really liked sharing it with our school!





12 comments:

  1. Wow I love this! I love the shadow project below as well!! I can't wait to try these out with my kids.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect for my Grade 7s too. Love it-thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the crayons.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the crayon project.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the crayons.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a super cool lesson- the crayons all look so realistic! Did the students use oil pastels for this project?

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is fabulous! I teach K-2 & wonder if I could do a smaller version that would still turn out nice. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Man, if all kids could have an art program like yours, the world wold be a better place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You made my day. Thanks for saying that... we are currently discussing cutting the art program yet again in our district. I appreciate you kind words.

      Delete