Saturday, June 15, 2013

Now that's a butterfly!



Art Soup 2013 was a blast!  As mentioned in previous posts, we made bug hats at the activity center.  There were so many cute bug hats around.  I also saw a pig, elephant and ninja.  Lots of creativity!!   To create a little interest in the tent this year, my mini's and I created a LARGE butterfly. 


Here are some of my volunteers using wire, fabric and paper mache to make the body of the bug.  It was a messy job, but somebody had to do it.


We painted it up and hauled it to the tent.  We used streamer to crate the wings.  It was a hit!  My husband is happy to not have it hanging in the garage any more, I'm glad it made a statement in the tent, and it was a lot of fun along the way for a couple of my mini's and the neighborhood mini's too:)





No comments:

Post a Comment