Tuesday, July 2, 2013

June brings a break...



My husband and I celebrated our 10 wedding anniversary a little early this year by going with 3 other couples to Sioux Narrows in Ontario Canada.  My husband loves to fish and his friends do too so we went on a houseboat for 7 days.  I however stayed on the boat as they went fishing finding inspiration everywhere I looked.  I did some painting and hand sewing and now am revived for the rest of the summer.  
Here we are under the most beautiful rainbow I have every seen.


We were covered with wildlife.  There were more then a few dragonflies buzzing around at all times so that became the inspiration for a commission.  The people I created this painting for are very special.  In the quiet waters of Canada, I was able to view dragon flies up close, think about this beautiful family that I was painting for and let my creative energy flow.


As I mentioned I went with three other couples so It was fun to create works to send home with them.  There were so many islands and clear waters to choose from.  This trip was like no other that I have or will have again, I'm quite certain.


No comments:

Post a Comment