Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Pretty little containers


Beautiful little containers for ALL the stuff this crafty lady has acquired.  I'm working hard at putting all my tools on the wall so I don't have them on my works space.  Let me show you how I did it.

 You will need...

  • Terra-cotta pots
  • Paper towels
  • Gesso
  • An image printed on printer paper (printed off a ink jet printer)


If you are transferring an image, it may not matter how you pint it out.  If you want to transfer words you will have to print the words backwards.  I did this by using 'Word Art' on Microsoft Word.


Whip the inside of the pot with the gesso.  Put a little gesso on the front.  While still wet, place the print out on the gesso.  Press the back of the print out to assure all parts of the image have contact to the gesso.  You want to do this quick!!



Gently peal the paper off from the pot.  You will get a rustic finish.  Complete the pot by smudging gesso on the rest of it.  These turned out very sweet!


No comments:

Post a Comment