The first time I set up the iPad minis I discovered that the angle of the iPad stand (the cover) was not going to take pictures of the stop motion well. I cut some wood the same height as the iPad and used a rubberband to get the devices to stand up more erect. I also taped the covers down so that they did not move. The first day I had the kids taking pictures (we did a practice day before the real 'filming') I had the kids set up at a couple of tables. This way I could watch and help many of them at once. After they knew what they were doing, I spread out the activity throughout the room to give each group more space.