Thursday, October 30, 2014

Do you, 'Want 2 Be' an artist?





Are you kidding me!!  Is this not the best picture you've ever seen?  I would like to introduce you to my new dramatic play area.  It's called 'Want 2 Be, Artist".  Here's what the kids are asked to do (at this point), They choose an artist image.  They find the props that make them look like that artist.  They have fun, laugh, play look in the mirror.  It's going to be a hit.





I invited my staff to bring their families to my classroom before Book Bingo last Friday.  Many of us were donating our time to help with the event so I thought we would have a little pizza party in my room.  These kids loved it.  I can't wait to introduce this to my classes.  I know we are going to have a great time with this and it's just the beginning of where I plan to take it.  I will share more!


This was totally inspired by Cassie Stephens.  She has a presented a 'dress like and artist' event going on.  I dressed like... well who else?  Matisse!  As I was teaching the kids how to 'draw with scissors', I kept thinking, I bet the kids would love to do this.  Why not have them dress like and artist too?  BAM!  Thanks again for all your great ideas Cassie!!  You inspire!

9 comments:

  1. love the center idea! and you make a fab matisse:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is AWESOME! I just had a photo booth with the mustaches, glasses, etc at my son's birthday party, and was trying to think of how to incorporate those leftover props into the art room.... this is even better. you're a genius. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy amazement, stop the presses!! You are my Super Art Teacherin' HERO! Do you hear me?! I loooove it! I really think you could market these...print them, laminate them...I want a set! Tell me the price and I'll pay ya! NOT. EVEN KIDDING. Genius!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought you might like these Cassie :) You made me smile.

      Delete
  4. I agree with Cassie Stephens! You are a Super Art Teacherin' Hero! Simple AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with Cassie! I want a set. Are you thinking of selling them on TPT? I have out my PayPal itchy finger.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I keep coming back to see if you are selling these photo booth props. Any news?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe! That is awesome... I'm not at this time. I have a couple things in the burner right now so I haven't thought about selling.

      Delete