Wednesday, October 1, 2014

It's not Rude... it's Glue...



You know that song 'Rude' by Magic?  Of course you do.  It's been in my head for 4 months now.  Not quite as long as the songs 'Happy' and 'Let it Go'... but quite a long time none the less.  My kids sing it all the time.  When I ask them to clean up their room my sweet minis respond with, "Why ya gotta be so rude?"  I came in this summer to get my room ready and the summer care was sharing the space.  I heard them getting after the kids to stop singing that song... you guessed it, RUDE!

I started to sing different lyrics to this contagious song until I had written a song... keep in mind I didn't say it was a good song.  Then, I found the karaoke version of the song and I was singing... keep in mind I didn't say it was good singing.  In fact, singing is one of my many disabilities... no I mean challenges in life.  When I played this for my husband the first time, my face turned bright red because I was embarrassed.  But that's all just pride... I don't have to be good at everything.  I'm proud of my little ditty...  It's not the best... I'm no Tricia Fuglestad.  But I want to share my video with you.  My first graders were impressed that I was on Youtube... and now they are telling their parents I'm a rock star.  Have I mentioned I'm enjoying being back in the elementary school.  They make you feel so good with their oohs and ahhs about every drawing and I and every video they watch.

So there it is.  I was inspired by my husband and Cassie Stephens.  Cassie is doing all these projects that are focused on collaboration and creates inspiration for other art teachers.  She has sew-alongs,  Best Dressed Art Teacher, Dress Like and Artist... and I bet she has more up her sleeve.  I thought, well, if I'm doing something that is bringing pop culture to art, I would like to see what others are doing.  Please post or email (nicholechahn@yahoo.com) with links, what you have made, or come across that brought art rules, and concepts into your classroom in a modern way.  I'll be sure to post with responses in a couple of weeks.  I would love to share mine... as you know, I share everything... but please share yours.  Thanks a ton blogsters!

2 comments:

  1. I love it! I enjoy serenading my middle school students once in awhile so we can all get a good laugh - I can't sing well at all, but I enjoy singing the directions for a project to my students. They tend to actually listen more intently when your making a fool of yourself!

    ReplyDelete