Sunday, January 4, 2015

New Game for the Art Room- Telestrations


I wanted to share this AWESOME game that my sister brought to our holiday party.  I can see this game being played with 5th grade and up.  We played with a bunch of minis, but the little kids needed an adult helper.  My 3rd-grade boy did a good job, but I don't know if a whole 3rd-grade class would be able to play this game successfully. 

It's basically the game telephone but using illustrations to pass your message. It's kind of like a game I have use often in my class called teledraw (click here for previous post).  There is ways to 'make' this game I suppose, but sometimes it's just nice to get the manufactured game. It's not in our nature as art teachers because we are cheap and creators, but it's a great game and I want to support the designers of this ideas. I think I'll be getting the set for 12 people and in class either do teams of two/three or have two games going on at the same time.  The only complaint that I have with this game is the dry erase markers were not so great.  I would recommend having a back up when playing. 


There are lots of stores you can get this game at, check out the website.   Have you played this game?  What did you think?  Have you used it in class?  How did it go?

No comments:

Post a Comment