Friday, April 3, 2015

Empty Bowls- Connect Effect



What a great projects for my students to feel connected with our community.  We were so honored to be a part of the annual Rogers Empty Bowls event benefiting CROSS (or local food shelf). The event take place on Thurs. April 30th. For more information, click here.  One of the big ideas that Rogers, MN is working on is connecting.  Connecting with our community, connecting the schools (elementary, middle and high), and connecting with the world.  This was yet another way that our Art Programs in Rogers is making that happen.

I really wanted to participate but I am allergic to clay.  That makes it very difficult to make clay bowls with a group... :).  I talked to our art teacher at Rogers High, Su Sebghati and she had her Clay 1 kids make bowls.  They were wonderful!  I asked one 5th grade class who was a bit ahead to glaze and I did the final fire.  The bowls are already off and ready to support this great event. 


No comments:

Post a Comment