Monday, April 6, 2015

#NAEA15- Middle School Mania with Artful Artsy Amy



I had the HONOR to meet Mrs Amy, from Artful Artsy Amy at the NAEA Convention.  I was sure to hit her presentation because her blog is tremendous and I have admired this lady for a while.  She has great, outside the box... or at least in the 'middle school mind ideas'.  I wanted to make sure that I got my picture with this lady because she's a BIG deal!  Really love her.  OK... enough about my Amy crush... Let's talk about her presentation. It was KILLER.



Amy's presentation was, Keep'n it Real.  She talked about how to use 5 different mediums in the art room.  I feel the way she presented is what most teachers want from a convention... real ideas that are applicable as soon as you get back into the classroom.

I'm now in the elementary school right now but I found lot's of tidbits that I can put right into my classroom. Some of the of the ideas that I thought were to be implemented in the next year or so was the Medieval Castle Buildings (specifically the attack at the end of the project), The Egg Tempera Painting, Plushies, Hip Hop Contour Line, Islamic Stained Glass, Memes and I always wanted to try Ian Sands skittle project that Amy highlights in this presentation.  

Amy was charismatic, real and a little cheeky.  I loved watching her in action.  She is exactly what I thought she would be.  Totally entertaining. Thank you for sharing your energy and ideas Amy!

No comments:

Post a Comment