Monday, May 25, 2015

Summer Art Challenge- for Students of Hassan Elementary



I love my online tribe.  I was inspired by yet another GEM in the blogging world, Marcia Beckett from Art is Basic.  She has done a summer art challenge for her students and just updated it again for this summer (this is a great post).  Here is my plan that works best for my school...

I will be presenting this to my students the last day they have art.  I will explain to them the instructions and give them the worksheet to document the optional Summer Art Challenge.  This worksheet will also lead them right back here to this website to give each of my students access to the Google Slides, found below.



Get the worksheet by clicking here


There are so many reasons I love this idea...
  1. It get's kids to be creative over the summer.
  2. It advocates my program.
  3. My hope is it will fill my display case/s for the first part of the year.
  4. It will get families to visit me during open house this year.
  5. Helps families out on those rainy days.

2 comments:

  1. OH MY GOODNESS! I LOVE this idea so much! Would you mind if I borrow some of your activities? It is PERF!!! You are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure, just make sure that you cite Marcia too! She is the brain child of this idea. Glad you like it!

      Delete