Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Learner's Edge Classes


I am taking some continuing education credits this summer and one of the classes I'm taking is called Expanding the Classroom Walls, provided through Learners Edge.  This class allows us to visit several potential field trip sites.  These classes are offered in the Twin Cities (Minnesota), Omaha, and Chicago.  Teachers can take this one week course for 3 credits.  I have been asked to reflect on the sites visited and thought I would review them in the next couple posts, so I can share my experiences and sometimes some really great take aways.

Even if you are not in the area, Learners Edge has been a great way to obtain credits for lane changes and/or teacher based inquiry and research.  I encourage you to check out the website to see some of the online courses that are provided.  I have coworkers that I have taken some of these courses together and because of this, there is a group discount rate for classes.  You don't even have to all take the same classes, you just need to sign up together under a given code.  It's a good deal.



No comments:

Post a Comment