Friday, July 3, 2015

#ProcessPigs, Tatoo a Banana


Oh my goodness!  I have run across such a great book by Phil Hansen titled, Tattoo a Banana.  This man is incredible!  You must watch his video below.  The top take away from his message to me are as follows:

"It (success) did not happen overnight... Sometimes after putting so much effort into a project, the end result was still a little embarrassing.  But having committing to the process I was able to keep on."

"By destroying my Art I was able to let go of outcomes, failures, and improfections."

"Looking at limitations as a source of creativity changed the course of my life."

"Limitations might be one of the most unlikely places to harness creativity, but perhaps one of the best ways to... Get ourselves out of ruts, rethink categories, and challenge excepted norms."

"Tell yourself every day to cease the limitations."



This last takeaway appears to be where the book, Tattoo a Banana is inspired by.  Phil Hansen says, 

"One of the most recent endeavors is to try to take the habits of creativity that I have learned and turn it into something others can replicate."

We wanted to try to tattoo a banana too!  I brought bananas to a baseball game recently and me and the kids gave this new process a try.  




First we drew out a pattern on a 'banana shaped' sheet of paper.


Through the pattern, we poked holes to match our pattern.


By the end of the game, our tattoo was finished! The book suggests that it should take 24 hours, but these bananas were a bit ripe, so the browning happened a lot faster.


What to do with the rest of the game?  Check out the rest of the book.  There are lot's of other processes that we are going to give a try.  I hope to share them with you on this platform.  

1 comment: