Tuesday, August 18, 2015

#ProcessPigs, Acrylic Paint


Acrylic paint is a lot of fun to use.  I tried to use some different processes than I'm used to with this process pig.  I usually use paint brushes to apply my paint but this time I tried to use palette knives a bit.  Below is an image of pallet knives.  What other tools can you use to apply paint?


Watch this video to see the process of this pig.


From watching the video, can you explain what Gesso is?


I used spray paint for the background to incorporate the 'theme' colors for my #ProcessPigs.





You heard me say that I used a lot of layers of paint to create that pig.  Talk to a neighbor about what I mean by that.  What does it mean to add layers to a painting?


Take a look at the final image below.  What are some things that you notice about the final painting?  Do you see texture?  If so, is it tactile texture or visual texture?

No comments:

Post a Comment