Sunday, August 2, 2015

#ProcessPigs, Felting




I had a lot of fun felting.  I have little experience in felting so it was fun to make this pig.  I started out by watching a lot of videos on felting on youtube.  That's what I often do to learn how to do a new process.  I found some fun colors at a store and some of the other supplies that I was going to need for this project. 


As you can see from the image above, I had some bubble wrap on the table, some netting on top of that, soap, water and the wool.  I did this outside even though it was a little windy.  You don't waist nice summer days when you live in Minnesota.


As you saw in the video, is started wet felting my background for the pig.  You can see that it was a bit bigger than the board.  This allowed me to wrap it tightly around the background piece.  Then I trimmed off the waist.


Putting the face together was crazy fun!  It was fun to see this pigs personality develop as I added more pieces of felt and buttons.




I didn't get a good shot in the video of the dry felting tool.  This thing was really sharp, I poked my finger a couple of times. I loved how this tool allowed me to talk this pig head from a pig looking a lot like a stuffed animal, to a more sculptured pig.  I never tried dry felting before so It was a blast to give it a try.

The best part of this #ProcessPigs project is the fact that I get to try new things.  I have had so much fun being a student this summer and teaching myself these news skills.  Youtube and friends have taught me their skills and I so appreciate it.

No comments:

Post a Comment