Saturday, February 13, 2016

Illustrator #Crush



Meagan Harapat in the media center coordinated an author visit for all of the students of Hassan elementary. This year, we brought Minnesota's own Mike Wohnoutka.  He is an author/illustrator/artist who had a great message for our students. He told about his book but the best part was, he talked about his art and how to draw.  I asked him to give my students a little additional lesson and he was gracious enough to oblige.



I was able to use this lesson for many of my classes recently for both a sub lesson and the beginning of my self-portrait lesson highlighting expression.  Having this artist come in and talk about the same things that I emphasise was such a gift. Feel free to use this worksheet I created to support this lesson.

So that is why Mike Wohnoutka is my #Crush today.  He was such a treat to meet and I loved talking to him about his art. You have to check out his books and art on his website

No comments:

Post a Comment