Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Art Teacher Swap, 2016


Very excited to announce another Art Teacher Swap!  Last year I did this swap with Leah Schultz of Twin Lakes Elementary (see previous post).  This year I will be switching with Susan Davies.  She teaches at Rogers Elementary, the school I worked at for seven years before I went to middle school.  Sue has become a friend of mine and I'm excited to have her work with the students at Hassan Elementary.  She is also an amazing Artist.  It's fun to work with someone who you admire for their skills as an artist.  Be sure to check out her work by visiting her Fine Art America page.




The motivation for our switch is the fact that I have developed an allergy to clay the last several years and I can not work with it anymore.  My room has a beautiful kiln and clay is one of the most motivating mediums for students.  I'm sad to not be able to teach it anymore.  In response my amazing coworkers cross district have offered to help out.  I will be teaching stop motion animation again to a new set of students. 

Stay tuned for the updates on this year's project.  If you want to see all from last year, look at the tab: Art Teacher Swap on the side toolbar. 

1 comment:

  1. What a fun invigorating way to share ideas... And students! LOL

    ReplyDelete