Saturday, April 30, 2016

Sidewalk Chalk Request


I have been inspired by my blog'n friend in Califonia (once again), Don Masse from Shine Brite Zamorano.  I would like to do some radial balance work with some of my students this spring.  Our designs are going to be well planned out and should make Hassan Elementary really beautiful.  I only have each class 4 more times in the art studio and I want to make it fun, exciting, and perhaps get outside a bit!

Check out Don Masse's work, he uses bright colors as well as shapes and lines to make his designs.


Another blog'n friend that is using some chalk in her classroom is Cassie Stephens... have you heard of her?? Anyway, Last year she had a chalk artist come in but it was rainy outside the day they were to work on their art, so she brought the art inside... on the ceiling tiles. It was such a success she did it again this year! Check out her post

To be able to make these works of art I could use some donations from our Hassan Families.  There are two ways to make sidewalk chalk art.  One way is with chalk.  My favorite is Bold colors from Crayola. Another is to make sidewalk chalk paint. For this, I need corn starch and food coloring (see previous post).  This is a lot of fun because kids are creating their own colors with the food coloring and applying it with brushes.


Here is the request I have for Hassan Families-
  • Sidewalk chalk (any colors, even used...)
  • Corn Starch
  • Food Coloring
Thanks for your support! 

No comments:

Post a Comment