Wednesday, June 29, 2016

The Art of Education, Summer 2016 Art Ed Now, National Online Conference



It's that time again... AOE has just announced the official lineup for the Summer 2016 Art Ed Now presentations.  We have some BIG dogs here!!

Very excited that AOE gets living, practicing artist to present at these conferences. Romero Britto is going to present, I can't wait to hear what he has to say.  Should be great! Danny Gregory the sketchbook king himself will be presenting. He has written a book called, Shut Your Monkey and I have mentioned his podcast on my blog before, but if you haven't checked it out, Shut Your Monkey is some good listening.  And, Michael Linsin is the author of some great Classroom Management books.  When I was teaching and taking classes for AOE, his books were critical to some great conversations and ideas.  I also subscribe to his blog and love the uplifting tips and tricks he gives.   These guys are going to Rock this Conference.

I'm actually presenting twice. I will be in the morning in the first hour presenting on Flipping the Classroom.  I'm really excited to have the opportunity to share verbally what I so often try to explain on this blog.  Flipping the classroom is a critical piece for my instruction these days and I can't wait to tell you why!! 

Later in the day, I have been asked to present for Art to Remember.  I do their fundraiser in the fall and they thought I would be a good fit to present a lesson that might be the perfect fit for your Art to Remember fundraiser. If nothing else, you will get to play with the fun materials that will be sent to you in the SWAG box that I'm sure is coming soon to your doorstep.  We will be using Jack Richardson's PlayColor sticks... They are really fun! 


No comments:

Post a Comment