Monday, July 25, 2016

2016/17 Art To Remember

It's that time of year friends... We have to start talking... only talking about the start of 2016/17 school year.  Last year, I started the fall out with a fundraiser called Art to Remember.  This was new to the school that I was working at and it was well received.  Parents asked me to do it again.

I'm not ever going to fundraise for my curriculum.  Art is important and it should be funded through the schools budget.  I will, however, fundraise for my school...  Art is unique right?? It can often create a product.  Through Art to Remember and other companies similar, they take that artwork and create products such as t-shirts, jewelry, water bottles and so much more.  These products are adorned with the art that the students of my school have created.  Some of the proceeds from this event is earned by my school and the parents of our school receive a great gift with beautiful artwork on it. 

Sure, I like the fact that my school gets a few extra dollars from this event, however, for me, it's about providing a service to the families of my school.  I get to choose the percentage that can be profited off from the sales of Art to Remember.  I always choose the least amount of profit as to assure the most accessibility to all financial situations. No one is obligated to purchase, but it's offered to all that participate (in my case, all 800 students).  I also love the fact that it advocates for the arts.  Parents will see the work that their student has created and perhaps will want to purchase and share it with others. It's also a spectacular gift and the way I have my Art to Remember set up, I will get the ordered products before Christmas (as long as I stick to my timeline). 

It sounds like a lot... right?? I thought that I would make a video explaining how I run Art to Remember in my classroom.  I feel like it's a obtainable project for any teacher to take on.  If you have any questions don't hesitate to write me in the comment.  Also, if you want to learn more or even book an event with your school, be sure to check out Art to Remember's website. (click here)


In the upcoming weeks, I will be sharing my plan for this year, Art to Remember projects. Be prepared to have many lessons to choose from that will make your fundraising adventure a breeze. 

No comments:

Post a Comment