It worked OK... but I wanted to open things up a bit, make it more obvious when things are missing. I found the solution in my room. I changed the bookshelf into a supply board.
As I introduced this to my students I asked what glue was the 'right' kind of glue to use. They guessed every glue before I said... You get to choose! You get to choose what is right for your project. EVERY class gasped. They were so excited. Yep, that is what I said, excited to choose what adhesive they used. They get to choose what size scissors they use. They get to choose. Hoo Ray for simple changes in my life that make a huge impact on my students!