Tuesday, November 8, 2016

Fiber Landscape Artist Trading Card


I have been taking the Fibers Studio Class from The Art of Education and this week we were assigned a Choice Board.  Of course, I have Artist Trading Cards on the brain.  I created several cards focusing on some of the skills we have been exploring in class. This was one of the cards.  I took pictures to document my steps for this process. 


First I drew a design on some plastic mesh.  This is cross stitch plastic mesh that I had in my classroom and needed to find a way to use it up.


I filled each section in one at a time.  I used different directions of stitches to help separate the areas from one another.  The simple color blocks also helped with this. 


I experimented with some yarn that had some texture to it.  I decided that for the first card that my students attempt, I would not allow them to use this textured yarn.  It was quite intense. 


I finished the card with a wrap around the edge.  The final card would also have an identification card glued to the back of it.  I think my students are going to have a blast with this process

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous! I love the textures you created! I hope you will share some of what your students do. I love tiny works of art :-)

    ReplyDelete