Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Hanging Mittens


K's have been experimenting with line for this unit of study.  We first created lines with play colors and then painted the paper with liquid watercolors.



These paintings were amazing!! 


Now to take the beautiful paper and create something with it.  I decided for my kindergarten students, mittens would be perfect. Below is an activity sheet that I have available for you on TpT for free (click here).

I played this video for the students in little bits giving students to accomplish each step before moving on. 


Each 'Hanging Mitten's' project was unique. I always surprised how much creativity K's have... I think it's mostly because they have little regard to suggestion. :) 


Take a look at just a couple of these finished hanging mittens. 






No comments:

Post a Comment