Thursday, February 23, 2017

Animal #Crush


February 23: Animal #Crush

I'm not really an animal person.  I grew up on a farm, we didn't have a ton of animals, but the ones we did, served a purpose.  Cats to catch the mice. Dogs to round up the cows. Milking cows to make money (when my grandparents had the farm). Chickens for eggs and meat.  All the animals were for a purpose.

Animals have a different purpose in suburbia. They are family members. My daughter loves, loves, loves animals.  She is sad to have parents who aren't as crazy about them, so this post is for her, for people like her, for our animal lovers in the world.

As I mentioned in an earlier post, we have some neighbor dogs that play the role of our animals.  My family loves these dogs as if they were our own.  We walk them now and again, but most often the kids (and my husband) play and play and play with them in our joined yards. They have two goldens named Cash and Trixie (both pictures are of Cash, Trixie was camera shy :) ). They are both great to have in our lives.  I'm looking forward to hearing about your Animal #crush.

No comments:

Post a Comment