Saturday, March 4, 2017

Create Your Own Texture Rubbings


In efforts to prepare myself for an Fashion Design unit I wanted use transfer rubbings as an option for my students.  I was thinking about some texture plates that I had bought for my daughter years ago, but those plates create a Barbie like figure.  I wanted to represent more than Barbie in my design unit.  So... I thought I would make my own.


I started by drawing figures on a manilla folder. Then I traced over them with hot glue. This was a little more difficult than I thought it would be to make sure it smooth... but it turned out OK.


I thought I would give some options for other textures to fill in the figure after the texture rubbing (as seen in the image below).  I also have texture plates and I think most students used them. I think that this idea could really grow.  It's a good one to have in my toolbox for future lesson.


Check out the the rubbing in action.  Click here to see a previous post on Instagram. 

No comments:

Post a Comment