Tuesday, October 24, 2017

Book Study-- UnSelfie


I recently downloaded the audio book "UnSelfie; Why Empathetic Kids Succeed in Our All-About-Me World" by Michele Borba. As I listen, I continue to ask myself, are we (my husband and I) giving my two children the correct tools to develop Empathy. Then my question broadens, am I encouraging Empathy in my Visual Arts Classroom... is that an appropriate place to teach this skill? 

I decided that I wanted to invite you... our #PLN (Professional Learning Network) to join along with me in this read.  In the month of November, I will be tweeting out slow chat questions through out the month. A slow chat just means I will post a question that relates to the book, and you can answer it in your own time. 

On Thursday November 30th, I would like to invite you to our #k12ArtChat at 8:30pm. I will have a variety of questions to discuss the subject of Empathy. I invite my #PLN to join along. I will also invite my other groups on social media.  If you are a teacher, administrator, or school leader in some capacity, I would like to invite you to join in on the conversation... Even if you have never done a twitter chat before, this would be a great way to join in! 

Michele Borba has also offered questions to lead us in our discussion. If you are interested in doing this book study beyond our social media chats, this guide could prove to be helpful. click here  See some of Borba's other books and accomplishments by visiting her website. click here

No comments:

Post a Comment